If you thought there was one standard type of deck railing, think again! There are many different styles and materials to choose from. So, if you’re getting ready to build a deck this Spring, get a head start with this railing guide from Harmony Decking!
Harmony Decking is a deck building company in Warrington, PA and our goal is to help our clients build their dream deck. By teaming up with us, you’ll have expert insight into the right style, size and price for your family.
Types of Railing
Here is a list of the types of railings you can choose from and the advantages of each:
- Wood – This is the simplest and cheapest option for deck railing. It leaves you with a lot of flexibility in terms of style since your builder can mix and match wooden materials to give you a custom look. Unfortunately, wood requires a lot of maintenance and cleaning to keep it safe and looking great over the years.
- Capped Composite – One of the greatest benefits of this type of material is that it requires little maintenance to keep it looking clean and fresh. It runs in the middle in terms of price, with materials running $15-$30 per linear foot. There are many different brands to choose from. Capped composite railings work well with anything from a coastal or colonial home to a contemporary house!
- Metal – The most common types of metal railing include galvanized steel, aluminum and iron. Metal railings tend to look slimmer than composite or wood and don’t block as much of the view of your landscape or backyard.
- Cable Rail – Cable rail is a more high-end option, with materials costing at least $60 per linear foot. Many homeowners find it a worthwhile purchase, since the horizontal cables have a sleek look and almost seem to disappear when you’re looking toward the view beyond.
- Tempered Glass – This is a good option if you live in an area where there is a lot of wind. The downside is the high price, but the upside is you get a clear view of the landscape without the wind ruining your time outdoors.
Call Harmony Decking Today And Get Building!
Now that you are up to speed on the types of railings you could choose from, call Harmony Decking at 215-290-7727 to talk about installing your favorite option. We are the Warrington deck builders who will always provide you with honest and fair work. You can check out examples of our work to see the quality you can expect when you work with us!