Fall is here at last and if you’re a deck enthusiast, you’re probably making the most of the last of the good outdoor weather. Whether you’re doing your best to extend deck season or you’re getting ready to wrap it up for the winter, there are a few easy fall deck cleaning tips you can follow that will both extend your use of the deck for the season and increase the overall longevity of your deck.
5 Easy Fall Deck Cleaning Tips
At Harmony Decking we want to help you extend the life of your deck and make sure you get the most out of every season, so we’ve put together a few easy fall deck cleaning tips any deck owner can do:
- Do not let leaves sit on your deck! Sweep off any leaves and debris from your deck to prevent mold and mildew growth, as well as wood discoloration.
- Clean up any standing puddles of water. Standing water is a surefire way for your deck to rot and mold. Use a deck brush to wipe away any puddles and prevent costly repair!
- Reseal your deck. Fall is a great time to reseal. This is going to help repel any precipitation that will come with gloomier weather. As stated before, water is wood’s greatest enemy, so resealing is really going to help prevent major damage during the upcoming wet seasons.
- Inspect nearby trees and cut away any weak branches. With winter on the horizon, a little tree maintenance around your deck can go a long way. Snow buildup can cause branches to break and fall on your deck. Best to get out in front of that kind of damage before winter weather hits.
- Be cognizant of your fall decorations! Clean up pumpkins when they begin to rot and do your best to prevent moisture from pumpkins from seeping into the wood of your deck.
Harmony Decking Can Help with Your Deck Maintenance
Need more experienced hands to help with your deck maintenance? No problem! Harmony Decking is happy to help with any and all of your decking needs, no matter what season! Just give us a call at 215-290-7727 for your complimentary consultation, or fill out our online form! For more deck maintenance and upkeep tips, you can also check out our blog!