The warmer weather is here at last, which means one very important thing for any deck owner: it’s grill season! That’s right! It’s time to grab your tongs and uncover that grill. However, before you make a trip to the grocery store for some delicious grub, you need to make sure your deck is ready. That’s why the deck experts at Harmony Decking are here with some must-have tips on how to get your deck ready for grilling.
5 Tips to Get Your Deck Ready for Grilling
You’re obviously eager to smell those burgers cooking, but it’s important to make sure your deck is up to code and ready for grill-season. Follow these important tips before firing up the grill:
- Check your deck for seasonal protection residue. If you used humidity protection or ice-melt on your deck during the colder seasons, just make sure it’s not leaving any residue on your deck. Not only will it begin to wear the wood down, it’s also a safety hazard to have any old debris or materials on your deck. And while you’re at it, put that shovel in the garage! You won’t need it for another few months.
- As we’ve said in our deck maintenance blogs, it’s important to regularly clean your deck! Use a broom or even some deck cleaner to get it nice and clean, but make sure to avoid power washing. It’s not good for your deck.
- Check for loose railings, screws, and boards, as well as rot and mildew! Make sure your deck doesn’t need any repair from off-season weather. Safety comes first!
- Stain and seal your deck! This keeps your deck protected and will elongate its life. Check out our posts on that here.
- Finally, make sure nothing flammable is chilling near your grill. That’s toys, furniture, and even plants and shrubs. Trim it down!
Need Summer Deck Maintenance or Repair? Call Harmony Decking
Depending on what happened in the off-season, there can be a lot of maintenance and repair to get your deck ready for grilling and summer-use. Harmony Decking can help with any upkeep, and we know what to look for to make sure your deck is safe and ready to use. You can schedule a free phone consultation by giving us a call at 215-290-7727 or by filling out our online form!